Students can choose from a range of accommodation options when studying at Eynesbury.
Please note: International students under 18 years of age who chose to have Eynesbury monitor their welfare and accommodation, are required to live in Eynesbury approved accommodation. There are two choices, Adelaide Student Lodge [ASL] or homestay accommodation.
Accommodation and Guardianship Fees can be found here. Fees are usually included with tuition fees however students can request accommodation placement at other times by completing the Request For Accommodation if not requested at the time of tuition payment.
For further information contact the Accommodation Office
Accommodation and Welfare Arrangements for students under 18 years of age
All international students who will be Under 18 years of age while studying in Australia on a student visa, require appropriate accommodation, support and welfare arrangements. There are three ways a student can satisfy this requirement:
- A student may reside in Australia with a parent or legal custodian who travels to Australia to provide welfare for the student for the duration of their study. [Application through Department of Home Affairs]
Application for a Student Guardian Visa 157G
- A student may reside in Australia with a relative over 21 years of age who is approved by the student's parents or legal custodians, who must also nominate the relative as the student's guardian. [Application through Department of Home Affairs]
To nominate a local guardian Student Guardian Visa 157N
- A student may reside in Australia if the parents approve Eynesbury monitoring the students' accommodation and general welfare arrangements. A Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare form (CAAW), will be generated by Eynesbury when the student enrols in a course of study.
When applying to study at Eynesbury students under 18 will receive a Living Arrangements for Under 18 form to indicate which of the above option they will choose.
Support and Welfare
All international students under 18 years of age are required to attend regular meetings with Accommodation Staff. These meetings are compulsory and provide students the opportunity to discuss any issues or concerns they may have in homestay, residence or academic and social life. Where necessary, Accommodation Staff will refer students for additional assistance from academic staff, student counsellor or other relevant services.
Residence Accommodation for overseas students under 18 years of age
Eynesbury has purpose-built student residence accommodation available to students who are under 18 years of age and are studying at Eynesbury.
Adelaide Student Lodge [ASL] aims to provide a 'home away from home' for international students just a short ride on public transport from Eynesbury and the city centre of Adelaide.
Adelaide Student Lodge offers fully catered accommodation. Room and all meals are incorporated in a single fee. A weekly room clean can be arranged for an additional cost.
Adelaide Student Lodge is located just 3 kilometres from the city centre of Adelaide and within close proximity to all major bus and tram transport services, a variety of food outlets, shopping centre, travel agent and medical centre. ASL I accommodates up to 32 students in single rooms.
Homestay accommodation provides students the opportunity to live with an Australian family. Students living in this environment are introduced to Australian culture and have the best opportunity of developing language skills by using English on a regular basis in everyday situations.
All Eynesbury hosts have met Eynesbury’s approval criteria and come from a diverse range of cultures, backgrounds and family structures. Our homestay hosts can provide either full board or part board homestay. Under 18 students must remain on full board until they turn 18.
Most host families are located within 20-30 minutes travelling time to the city and school by public transport.
A minimum stay in homestay is 5 weeks.
Students are provided with their own fully furnished room, shared use of bathroom, laundry and negotiated use of kitchen facilities. Unlimited Internet is included in the weekly fee.
In a homestay students can expect:
a warm, caring family environment
a bedroom with a bed, a wardrobe and a desk for studying
use of bathroom, kitchen and laundry facilities
towels, pillows, bed linen and blankets
guidance, support and encouragement with English language practice, studies, planning social activities and adapting to life in Australia
public transport information and assistance
Some homestays provide all the above, except meals. Students purchase and prepare their own meals using the homestay kitchen facilities. Homestay part – board is only available to students over 18 years old.
Current homestay costs can be found on the Request For Accommodation. Weekly fee for full board includes breakfast and dinner from Monday to Friday and all meals on weekends and holidays.
Numerous student apartments are situated in the city centre close to Eynesbury. Student apartments are generally only available to students. Apartments are fully equipped including a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, heating and cooling, living and study areas. Single, twin and double accommodation options are available. 6 or 12 month leases are available for a room in 2 to 7 bedroom apartments.
Student apartment costs
Student apartments vary in cost from approximately A$250 to A$470 per week. Extra charges may apply for electricity, gas, internet access and laundry facilities.
Atira Waymouth Street is located in the heart of Adelaide and offers the very best in safe and secure student living with premium modern apartments at affordable rates. On offer is a range of stylish apartments including twin bunk, twin share, 2, 3, 5, 6 or 7 bedroom apartments and studios, most rooms have their own ensuite bathroom.
First class amenities include 24/7 security and support, free high-speed WiFi, 24/7 gym, a huge rooftop terrace, outdoor basketball court and courtyard, private cinema, spacious communal kitchen and supported study areas, and games rooms. Atira is centrally located in close proximity to universities, public transport and shopping centres - easy access to all day to day requirements.
- Rental is inclusive of all utilities, no more to pay!
- State of the art facilities.
- Student experience program with daily events and staff support.
- Safe and secure with swipe card access, 24/7 security and staff support.
- 100GB high speed wifi internet per month is included.
- Cashless laundry facilities onsite.
- Flexible lease terms with discounts offered for 12 month contracts. Flexible short term stays available – separate room rates apply.
Urbanest provides hassle-free living within a safe and secure environment so you can concentrate on the things that matter, the enjoyment and success of your studies.
- Single ensuite rooms in 4, 5or 6 bedroom apartment furnished.
- Double or single studio – furnished.
- Shared furnished living and kitchen areas.
- Located close to North Terrace within easy walking distance or tram ride to Eynesbury.
- Reliable broadband internet in every bedroom and social area. 100GB of download per month is included.
- Easy and convenient Inclusive Packages that include utilities, internet connection & usage and contents insurance.
- State-of-the-art security with a team dedicated to making Urbanest North Terrace an exceptional place to live, study and socialise.
Uni Lodge has several properties available in Adelaide. Read information on each property for full details.
Facilities usually include:
- Fully furnished room / studio usually with ensuite bathrooms.
- Reverse cycle air conditioning, microwave oven, hot plates, fridge, single or double bed, telephone line, broadband internet connection, flat screen wall mounted television, study desk and chair, lounge, wardrobe and bedside table.
- Common facilities include outdoor entertaining areas, tutorial room, lounge room, 24 hour staff, secure access and CCTV security cameras.
- Equipped laundry facilities with washing machines, clothes dryers, ironing boards and irons.
- Some buildings have internet data included in weekly fees.
Lincoln provides single room accommodation for students over the age of 17.
Students are provided with a fully furnished room, 3 meals a day, internet with unlimited data and extensive academic and personal support.
Living at Lincoln allows students to settle into a new environment whilst being supported during their study at Eynesbury and the transition to University.
The Lincoln College experience provides the following
- A safe dynamic multicultural diverse community and a true multicultural experience
- An environment where students are encouraged to grow and develop personally
- A creative and fun environment
- A strong music and arts culture
- A full range of sporting opportunities for all students
Lincoln College is located in North Adelaide, a short distance by public transport to Eynesbury and both The University of Adelaide and The University of South Australia. Lincoln overlooks the parklands, the Adelaide Oval and the Adelaide Hills.
Interview and online application and are required.
- 4 weeks minimum stay.
- Single room occupancy.
- Furniture and linen included.
- Share kitchen and bathroom.
- Lounge areas.
- On site laundry.
- Close to major shopping centre, cinema.
- 20 minute bus trip to campus.
- Wireless internet $55 per month for unlimited download.
Private rental accommodation
Private rental accommodation, usually a lease or contract for 6 to 12 months, should only be arranged after you arrive in Adelaide. Assistance is available from the Eynesbury Accommodation Office. Paying money for bond or rental before you have seen a property can lead to being misled. Beware of rental scams!
When you arrive, visit a property you are interested in renting. Go inside to view the property and view the areas you will have access to. Be careful paying any money via the internet and make sure you get a receipt immediately for any money paid.
Visit www.sa.gov.au/topics/housing/renting-and-letting for information on the rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords in South Australia.
Temporary accommodation is available in the form of a share dormitory [usually backpackers], hostel or hotel accommodation.
We can assist in finding short-term accommodation for your parents or family if they travel to Adelaide with you.
Contact the Accommodation Office for information on short term on arrival accommodation.
If required, an Eynesbury Representative will meet you on arrival at the airport and transfer you to your accommodation. If you have been placed into accommodation by the Accommodation Office, airport reception and transfer to your accommodation will be arranged automatically.
If you require airport pick up and have arranged your own accommodation a fee applies for this service.
A confirmation of accommodation and airport reception [including emergency contact details] will then be sent to you when the airport pick up has been booked. Be sure to tell us these details well in advance of your arrival.Please contact the Accommodation Office to book airport transfer.