Two Stage Diploma of Computing & IT Studies
The Two Stage Diploma of Computing & IT Studies program is suitable for students who have studied the equivalent of Australian year 11. The Two Stage program consists of Stage 1 (2 or 3 trimesters) and Stage 2 (a further 2 or 3 trimesters), making a total study period of 4 – 6 trimesters. Students who graduate from Stage 2 of the Two Stage Diploma will be eligible for entry into year 2 of the relevant bachelor degree. The subject material covered in Stage 2 of the Two Stage Diploma program is exactly the same as what is studied in first year university, and also the same as the material covered in the one year Diploma program.
CRICSO code 088634E
8 or 12 months per stage
Australian year 11 or equivalent
IELTS 5.5, no band less than 5.0
February, June and October
Diploma of Computing & IT Studies
There are six core courses and students will choose two elective courses.
- Academic Research and Critical Enquiry
- Accounting for Services
- Business Studies 1
- Communication: People, Place and Culture
- Information and New Media Technologies
- Mathematics and Statistics
Stage 2 of the Diploma of Computing & IT Studies is exactly the same course content as the one year Diploma of Computing & IT, and is also the same content as is taught in first year at university.
There are eight core courses all students must complete.
- Information Technology Fundamentals
- Design Thinking and Digital Innovation
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Network Fundamentals
- Programming Fundamentals
- Database Fundamentals
- IT Project Management
- Systems Analysis
Entry into The University of Adelaide
* Six University of Adelaide course credits. Two and a half years of study at University of Adelaide.
Entry into 2nd year at the University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Games and Entertainment Design)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Application Development)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking and Cybersecurity)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Software Development)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)